So, the cooking adventure has begun! I documented the first stage on video, showing all the ingredients and my high hopes for a succesful outcome!
And here we have the final dish, nicely displayed with some extra cilantro for a pretty garnish!
Here are a couple of things I discovered while making this meal.
1. Cauliflower is not lettuce. You can't smash the "heart" on the counter and think it's just gonna break apart with ease. I literally had tiny white clusters flying everywhere.
2. Little chopped up pieces of onion like to stick to everything. Which of course meant that some of it ended up in my hair.
3. I started freaking out holding that tiny garlic clove. I thought, "Wait, I just smash it? That's it?" Yep. It worked.
4. I should read the whole recipe before deciding when to make it and when to eat it. Because of the curry flavor, the meal would have been great with some pita bread! All I could find was tortilla chips. But, they did the trick.
5. I discovered that this is by far the best meal I have ever made in that intimidating kitchen!