Sunday, May 1, 2011

Looks Can Be Deceiving

I'm 29. However, at first glance, walking down the street, you'd probably assume I was a teenager. Most people do, until they talk to me. I've gotten used to this, although it definitely used to bother me growing up and all I wanted was to look my age! People would tell me,"You'll be so happy when you're 40 and you look 25!" I'm beginning to understand what they meant and I'm starting to like the fact that I look much more youthful than most of the people I graduated high school with. I mean, seriously, to have graduated 10 years ago and STILL look like I'm in high school!? I don't see anything wrong with that! Wrinkles? What wrinkles?

Now, take a look at the picture below. At first glance, you'd think it was split pea soup. Where the heck are the red lentils? I thought for sure it would be red in color. I guess the curry took over, dominating the color and the spice. This soup is completely opposite of split pea soup, despite looking very similar to it.


Don't let the green color fool you...
Pea soup - a hammy, bacony, pea mixture
Red Lentil Soup - a surprisingly spicy, curry flavored concoction

Oh, and don't let the youthful appearence fool ya either...
A teenager - a slightly (or very) immature, high school student just learning how to drive
Mandi - a tres mature, working woman with 11 years of driving under her belt

Moral of this cooking session: Don't judge a bowl of soup by it's color!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta give this one a try:-)
    Anything that provides a youthful appearance ...

    Wadayathink, Mandi????
    Will it work for me?

    Honestly, Little One,
    you always make me smile:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...