Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pickle Kick!

I've always loved pickles. Dill pickles to be exact. I remember being at a friends house when I was about 11 years old. We decided it would be fun to eat a whole jar of pickles in one sitting. We did it with surprisingly no negative outcomes. I know, shocking! If anything, it made me like dill pickles even more. The idea of making homemade pickles for our blog sounded very intriguing, so we went with it. The ingredient that scared me the most in this recipe was the vinegar. I'm not huge fan. I'm sure you're not surprised to hear that. I am however, I cucumber fan, so I gave the pickles a fair chance. I brought some to lunch with me and had one heck of a bite. A bite with a big vinegar kick, I should say! I puckered my lips and said, "woah, that's a lot of vinegar!" For my own personal taste buds, it was definitely a tad too vinegar-ey (is that a word?). However, my parents like them a lot! So, even though I'm not 100% in love with these pickles (let's just say, I don't think I could sit down and eat a whole jar), my parents are pretty thrilled with them. I have a feeling they'll be gone real soon. All in all, the pickles were a hit, despite my initial puckery vinegar kick!



Above is a picture of the cucumbers before the soaking in the vinegar mixture. I discovered a new item of inspiration while making these pickles. The dill sprigs! From an artist's standpoint, they were so pretty. I was definitely intrigued by those delicate little green sprigs.



And here are the cucumbers, becoming quick cucumber pickles!

3 comments:

  1. Love your photos and the pickles. Very tasty!! For me, I enjoy your artwork the most. You are so very talented:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had more of your yummy pickles:-) They just get better and better!! I love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pickles but have never made my own. I'll have to give the recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...