Monday, October 17, 2011

high class tofu grillin'

My dad has always been the one to man the grill. He makes a mean cheeseburger! Oops, I suppose I shouldn't be talking about beef or cheese, when we are strictly vegan this month! None-the-less, Bob (my dad) is the one who knows how to work that monster grill and he does it with ease. He has actually stood with an umbrella in the rain, in order to get those burgers just right. Perhaps it's a father/daughter thing, but I discovered this week, that I really like to grill things too. I don't think there's a limit as to what a person can grill. Fruits, veggies, sandwiches, meats, tofu...etc. There's just something about getting those pretty little grill marks on a piece of food that makes me feel like a hardcore cook! Or maybe it's the artist in me that just gets excited when food ends up looking almost too nice to eat. I hope I don't disappoint you when I say that I didn't use the typical manly grill for this recipe. Don't get me wrong, I am all for learning how to do some major grillin' on Bob's beefy outdoor grill. But for now, I have a small, circular, indoor sort of grill that suits me just fine.


Grilling was a lovely touch to these rather pale looking triangle slabs of tofu. The sprinkles of herbs helped add some texture and color as well. And then that pop of avocado green! I felt high class sitting in my dining room eating this meal. Next time, I think I'll invite some friends over for a fine meal of wine and grilled tofu. A perfect dinner party it shall be! Hmm, I see some high class grilling in our future. Perhaps we'll take grilling to the next level on this blog! I can see it now....from "High Class Tofu" to "Upscale Corn on the Cob" to...."Who Knows What"! Just you wait. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...