Saturday, February 11, 2012

balsamic delight


It's that time of year at my job, where overtime means very little sleep and very little free time. Therefore, my cooking has suffered, as well as my eating in general. I think I've lost a few pounds from the lack of consistency in my life. So, what's a girl to do? Make meatballs! Or should I say...chickenballs! These things are dense, easy, and oh-so-delicious! Now, the first thought that crossed my mind was, "Chicken? Don't you even think for a second that I am going to cut up raw chicken again. Nope. I won't do it." If you remember a few months back, I made you aware of my strong dislike for cutting up raw chicken. It just wigs me out. I've come to terms with the fact that I just can't do it and I'm seriously ok with that. Thankfully, this recipe called for ground chicken. Ok, now that I can handle. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

It was Super Bowl Sunday and I knew these would be a perfect addition to our snacks. Everything was going smoothly, I prepared all my ingredients and was ready to get my salt and pepper. Now this was the only crazy thing that happened making these meatballs. I opened up my container of black pepper and as I attempted to pour it into my measuring spoon, black pepper started jumping everywhere! Literally, they were like jumping beans. So of course I thought my pepper had gone bad. Why else would they be shooting out at me, onto the counter and everywhere else but my measuring spoon? Short story, I found some new pepper. Oh, and the meatballs ended up tasting great.

I was totally impressed with these little balls of balsamic delight! They are great as an hors d'oeuvre, on top of pasta, as the meat to your potato, or even in a wrap. Get creative because these have much potential for even more greatness!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree!! These are really easy, yummy treats!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...