"Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos"
from Allrecipes.com (adapted slightly)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups canned black beans, drained (4 cans)
2 cups water
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
3 tablespoons soy sauce
4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet, and saute the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chili powder and cumin and saute for another minute or two.
3. Mash the beans in a large bowl, and then add them to the skillet with the onions, garlic, and spices. Gradually stir in the water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat, and stir in the mustard, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce.
4. Divide the bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with plenty of cheese. Fold up the tortillas burrito-style, and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
Note: This makes a lot of burritos. The recipe can easily be halved.