Friday, March 25, 2011

What's A Buffalo Got To Do With It?

Buffalo Chicken. Seems like that could be a touchy subject. Seriously, I'd like to meet the buffalo that gets a complex every time he hears about buffalo wings...."Wait a minute, I have wings? Where? I don't see them!" Poor little bison. Someone should invent (and maybe they have)buffalo thighs. At least then, the buffalo won't be wondering where his missing wings are! Take a jumbo shrimp for example. That shrimp is gonna get all pumped up thinking, "Yeah, baby, I'm huge! Just look at the size of my claws." And then, he gets hit with the overwhelming truth when he comes face to face with a killer whale. Ok ok, enough nonsense. After reading wikipedia, I found out that buffalo wings were created in Buffalo, NY. Well, of course! This definitely makes sense!


If you want a spicy, quick and easy dip, then this Buffalo Chicken Dip is your recipe! It didn't look too appealing when I pulled it out of the oven (see below), but it definitely tasted good. It had just the right amount of spice to make my dad wipe his brow...."WHOO! That's got a bite!" Just enough of a bite to make it enjoyable. If you have a party to go in the next few months, then make this dip and be creative with some toppings to make it a little more appealing. After the first bite, the taste will definitely outweigh the look of it.


If you remember my post several weeks back, the one about the roasted chick peas, then you'll remember the lyrics I came up with...chick peas roasting on a kitchen stove...etc

Well, I just couldn't resist this...


What's a buffalo got to do with it, got to do with it
What's a buffalo, but a very confused bison
What's a buffalo got to do with it, got to do with it
Who needs a wing
When a wing can be broken

~Bison Burner (Beat that Tina Turner!)

2 comments:

  1. Buffalo Thighs!!! Now, that's a novel idea! Might be a bit big for dipping though! As always, it is such a delight to read your postings. So funny!! And, of course, I always expect there might be a song in that little head of yours:-) You and Dad can enjoy that dip. I think it might be more spicy than I could handle!!
    Your Swedish Mom doesn't have the taste buds for that hot stuff:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! I used to listen to Tina Turner with my mom when I was little. And sometimes at work, that song gets played. It's even come up in a couple recent conversations, so it's funny that I'm seeing it on your blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...