Wednesday, December 21, 2011

a casualty of a too-busy december


Poor, poor, neglected blog.  You have become a victim of that time of year when schedules get over-packed with shopping, wrapping, parties, and baking.  Wait.  What's that?  Oh, yes.  You're right.  You would think that if we were actually doing that last one, that we'd have plenty of inspiration for you, dear blog.  Sadly, in this house, cooking has been a bit of an afterthought.  Crafting and handmade gifts have been ruling the day. 

But, I am happy to report that the babe and I took a little time out of our hectic schedule to bake something just for you, blog: Sopapilla Cheesecake.  This nice, easy, limited-ingredient recipe fit the bill perfectly.  And not only was it easy, but it was delicious too.  We love you, blog.  Really, we do.

Love, Heather

Oh hello there, blog readers. Hopefully you've been just as busy as we have been and have not noticed the half-month-long hiatus that we've unintentionally taken.  But, if you have noticed, just go and bake up this cheesecake and all will be forgotten. 

I have to admit that my first thought when I bit into a hot, right-out-of-the-oven piece was (and this will either totally discredit us as food-blog-writers or make your taste buds start to water) that it reminded me very much of the cheese danish that McDonald's used to sell when I was a kid.  Well, maybe they still sell this gloriously cheesy, buttery concoction, but I have not personally had one in over a decade.  Anyway, this cheesecake is nostalgic for me as it brings back flavors from childhood.  I think that makes up for the fact that it uses canned crescent dough.  (Although I must also admit that I've made some pretty tasty recipes with said dough.)  So, take this recipe for what it is: a simple treat that uses convenience foods but is tasty enough to make that fact generally unimportant.

I hope that we can get one more recipe in before Christmas, but if that doesn't actually happen, have a blessed holiday.  Enjoy family, friends, laughter, surprises, gift-giving and, of course, some tasty food too!  Merry Christmas, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that cheesecake!!! It is really soooooooooo yummy:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...