Sunday, February 12, 2012

corny

There are just certain foods for which a girl needs a perfect, never-fail recipe.  I consider corn muffins to be one such food.  I am a sucker for just about anything with corn...polenta, corn tortillas, tamales, corn on the cob, corn cakes, kettle corn, corn chowder.  And, of course, corn muffins.  But, everytime I make corn muffins, I find myself disappointed.  Too dry.  Not quite sweet enough.  Too sweet.  Complicated.  Or too boring.

Now, lest I sound terribly picky and hard-to-please, let me assure you that my quest for a go-to corn muffin ends here.  I have discovered a muffin that's as perfect alongside a bowl of chili as it is alongside a bowl of cereal.  For breakfast or for dinner, this is the corn muffin, my friends.  It's as simple as that.  And sometimes simple...in the deliciously uncomplicated way...is just what a girl needs.

1 comment:

  1. A good muffin, or bread, recipe is a definite must. I was ready to give yours a go but then hesitated on the whole corn kernels. I've never had any in my bread/muffins before and now I'm wondering how I'll feel about it. Guess i'll just have to try them and see!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...