Thursday, May 3, 2012

summer days


When I was a little kid, I remember loving the orange juice pops that my mom would make us. There was something soothing, summery, and lip-smacking good about a juice pop. There are certain foods that send me back to those carefree childhood days. Juice pops, bubble tape, ants on a log, anything made into a smiley face on my dinner plate. Those were the days...food was fun! I know it's not quite summer yet, but the thought of making a homemade popsicle was a great way to think back to being a kid on a hot summer day. I thought it'd be fun to each make a different flavor. Being a coffee lover, I was drawn to the mocha pops. Of course the fruity ones appeal to me too, but I knew that Heather wouldn't go for the mocha, so I knew that was for me. Popsicles don't just have to be made out of juice. Why not coffee and cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk! Make it sugary and sweet! Make it MOCHA!

1 comment:

  1. Your Dad needs to try one of these. You two share a love for anything mocha:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...